- This contract is made between The Accurate-Movers Ltd trading as Hire a Movers and ————————- (“the Customer”). All business is undertaken by the movers, including the provision if any, advice, information, or other services is undertaken upon and subject to these conditions.
- The Hire a Mover accepts goods for carriage only upon these terms and conditions:
2.1 For all house/office moves, furniture relocation, general freight movement, Labour supply, Cleaning services, or any services provided where prices are quoted based on information provided by the customer, Accurate-Movers Ltd Company reserves the right to modify prices as a result of incorrect volume, dimension and/or weight or access conditions e.g. stairs or balcony varying to those quoted by the customer at the time of booking. Additional charges may also be incurred for redirection,multi-route, additional labor not requested, storage, etc. There will be an extra charge of $ 50.00 for each item for any extra heavy, oversized item such as spa pool, piano, pool tables, or any commercial items, etc. So it’s the customer’s responsibility to inform in prior if the move includes any item of such or similar nature.
2.2 If Hire a Mover notices that goods are not safe to transport or insufficiently packaged and may cause potential damage to either the item being moved or other items, including the vehicle, the company reserves the right to reject the acceptance of the item/s.
2.3 The company withholds the right to delay the customer’s job by 4 hours due to any unforeseen circumstances without waiving any charges. Should the service is delayed more than two hours the customer will be informed and will then come to a mutual decision at the company’s discretion.
2.4 The Customer will not give to the Movers for packing, removal, or storage:
- a) any article or substance which is, or is likely to be, of a dangerous, corrosive, inflammable, explosive, or damaging nature, or anything likely to encourage vermin, bora, or any other pest.
- b) Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods, or collections of a similar kind.
- c) Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs/medicines, aerosols, paints, firearms, and ammunition.
- d) The customers will empty, properly defrost, and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- e) Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds, or fish.
2.5 The Customer will notify the Hire a mover if there is not suitable and convenient access to the place from which the goods are to be removed. The Contractor may make an extra charge due to any access restrictions and will not be liable for any goods damaged through the lack of such access. It’s the customer’s responsibility to provide good, safe, and secure parking/access/driveway/pathway, etc. to the property for trucks and movers.
2.6 Obtain at your own expense, all documents, permits, and licenses necessary for the removal to be completed.
3.0 Other Liabilities & Limitations
- a) Whilst our team of movers provides the highest care and attention to your house and property when carrying out your move, there remains the risk of marking/scuffs to door frames, internal walls, and stairwells especially when handling large furniture and white ware items. Whilst the risk is low, all work carried out at either the loading or unloading site will be carried out at “Owners Risk”.
- b) Particularly note that damage caused by vehicles to lawns, driveways, footpaths, underground pipes, cables, sewerage, and other underground installations is not covered. Should our staff be instructed by the property occupier, or any person acting on their behalf to drive, park, or maneuver vehicles in or near an area where such damage is likely to occur, compliance with such instructions will not in any way involve the Company or its insurers in responsibility for any subsequent damage which may be sustained. Such responsibility will rest solely in the hands of the Owner.
4.0 Carriers Liability – Items carried by Accurate-Movers Ltd are protected by Carriers Liability Insurance under the carriage of Goods Act 1979. This cover is free to our clients but has the following limitations:
Goods are covered under “Carriers Liability Insurance” whilst in transit if the vehicle is involved in an accident and the furniture is damaged, then the goods are fully insured by our insurance company. For more comprehensive coverage, please contact your own insurance company. If you are not insured, Please call us to discuss further options.
a)Please note that this move will be done by us or sub-contracting furniture moving companies. Any damage to the goods of the customer or their property will not be on us. All the moves are done at the owner’s risk only. We will not be liable for any compensation for the damages to goods or customer property. Customers are requested to arrange their own insurance before moving.
- d) There is no liability for damage if goods have pre-existing damage, inherent damage/vice, or where the damage has resulted from insufficient packaging.
- e) There will be no liability for damage to owner-packed goods. If any glass or fragile item breaks unless factory-packed or electrical appliances fail to operate after transit the company does not take any liability.
- f) There will be no liability for third-party damage – i.e. in the event of an accident where the other party is found at fault, the carrier will not be liable for goods damaged in transit. In this case, the customer must claim directly from the insurance company of the other party.
- g) In accordance with the Carriage of Goods Act, your claim will only be processed once complete payment of the move has been received and acknowledged.
a) All residential and non-credit account moves are strictly cash, cheque, or credit card payments unless pre-arranged with management. With commercial office moves, we allow a maximum of 7 days of account.
- b) All Credit Card payments (Visa and MasterCard) will be charged a 3% fee to cover Mobile EFTPOS terminal and transaction fees.
- c) Accurate Movers Ltd trading as Hire a Mover reserve the right to ask for payment before unloading the last item/items.
- d) If the full payment is not made when required then a late fee of $50.00 + GST applies after every 24 hours.
- e) All defaulting accounts will be forwarded to third-party debt collectors at the defaulter’s expense.
- d) Minimum charge or estimated hours as specified in job confirmation will be charged before starting loading.
6.0 Misconduct and unacceptable behavior with any staff member(s) may result in the customer’s booking being terminated at the company’s discretion.
7.0 Cancellation: $100.00 cancellation fee applies unless 48 hours’ notice is given via email.